Sunday, May 17, 2009

On day one of Michelle's treatments, she writes...."1st day- Was a bit of a culture shock but overall people here are very nice. I start treatment tomorrow we will see and hope for the best. I KNOW I will be healed while I am here."
On day 6 of treatments Mom writes......"It's a very interesting day, cloudy, depressing and also Michelle misses her daughters and husband. Since she didn’t have IV treatments we went to the gym and had 30 minutes of exercise and we are now feeling much better. In this Clinic we are learning to be more positive in our thinking and there are activities to help. Hopefully we will remember to put it in practice when we come back home.

Joana, Michelle's sister writes....Michelle is almost done with her first weekend at the Oasis of Hope. I talked to her for 45 minutes on Friday night and she sounded wonderful. She is helping other patients through their struggles which is something I believe Michelle needed. She is such a gentle, nurturing person and I am sure that is very healing for others. She has recently met a patient who just flew in from Chicago. A mother, going through a divorce that just found out she has melanoma. The girl was still in shock mode and Michelle helped her walk through the emotions. Michelle says that most patients there have had time to deal with their diagnosis. I am sure it is very hard at the beginning and Michelle was able to help someone through it.
In terms of Michelle's treatments, they are going well. She had a little trouble with low blood pressure and the needle in her port. She and Mom say these problems are all minor and that overall, they are happy she is getting the treatments.
Mom and Michelle were able to go to the beach with a couple of other patients as you can see in the updated photo. They also went to the gym to work out for 30 minutes.
Michelle sounds like she is healing so many aspects of herself that needed attention. She sounds happy and she makes me laugh when she says, " I have the best form of cancer here." She says she is the heathiest one there compared many other patients. I asked her if she has ever asked "why me?" She responded with "why not me." I learn from her every time we talk. Thanks for your positive comments please keep writing. Joana

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for the updates and pictures! I look forward to hearing about all of the progress. Thank you, thank you and keep them coming! Love ya'll,,,Lisa

    ReplyDelete